These slides are part of my Bitesize CPD series. They’re designed as a little nugget of learning and exploration for use in teams (though you can enjoy them alone too).
This session is all about how to be a safe adult and looks at the 5Cs that children need from the adults who work with and care for them if they’re to feel safe.
You can download the slides here:
- SHARING VERSION – simplified version to give out to colleagues
- FACE-TO-FACE PRESENTER VERSION – detailed version for presenting to colleagues in the room
- ONLINE PRESENTER VERSION – detailed version which also includes your webcam input for presenting online (if you don’t like this, use the F2F version)
Here is a video of me walking you through the slides.
You can use the video to inspire you to deliver the slides yourself or you can play the video in your meeting if you prefer (or you could all watch it in your own time and then do the discussion activity together at your next meeting).
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- GUIDE: How to Listen So Children Will Talk
- VLOG: Why We Need to Love, Listen & Laugh
- GUIDE: Getting to Why – Ideas for Asking and Listening
- PODCAST: How can we build effective learning relationships with every student? | Kevin Hewitson
***For more information about my speaking and training work,take a look at my speaker pack below, check out my speaking page or email my lovely agent Ellie.***