These slides and resources relate to session 3 of 3 on emotionally based school avoidance commissioned by the South Central Teaching School Hub. The three sessions are:
In this third session, about early intervention, we explore approaches and strategies to support the return to school for children who’ve been struggling to attend.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD | School pros and cons prompt
- DOWNLOAD | Things I can do now record
- DOWNLOAD | Domains of safety worksheet
- DOWNLOAD | Feeling safe, calm and happy worksheet
- DOWNLOAD | School access plan & supporting notes
- BOOK | Square Pegs: Inclusivity, compassion and fitting in – a guide for schools
- BOOK | Can’t Not Won’t: A Story About A Child Who Couldn’t Go To School