These slides were developed for NHS England in March 2023.
Here’s the session overview:
Eating Difficulties: Prevention and Early Intervention
Food, weight and shape are often used by young people as a means of coping. Left unchecked, these unhealthy coping mechanisms have the potential to grow into fully blown eating disorders. This session will share a wide range of practical ideas both about preventing eating difficulties on an individual and whole-setting level as well as ideas for spotting and supporting students of concern.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- BOOK | Self-Harm and Eating Disorders in Schools: A Guide to Whole-School Strategies and Practical Support
- eBOOK | How to Support Your Autistic Child with Food, Eating and Mealtimes: A practical Guide for Parents, Carers and Other Supporting Adults
- DOWNLOAD: Eating Disorder Journal Prompts
- VIDEO | Eating Disorders: 10 warning signs you should look out for
- VIDEO | Autism & Anorexia | 5 Things you need to know about the interplay
***For more information about my speaking and training work,take a look at my speaker pack below, check out my speaking page or email my lovely agent Ellie.***