These slides were developed for a face to face session with students in April 2023.
Here’s the session overview:
This talk aims to take some of the stress out of exams by exploring very practical ideas for helping you manage the inevitable anxiety that exams bring. We look specifically at the weeks leading up to exams and how to strike a healthy balance of revision and rest, what to do on the day of the exam to maximise your chance for success and simple ideas for managing post-exam, pre-result worries.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- BOOK: Yes You Can: Ace Your Exams Without Losing Your Mind
- WEBSITE: Young minds guide to exam stress
- VIDEO: 5 Simple Strategies for Managing Anxiety
- DOWNLOAD: Coping statements to combat negative thoughts
- BOOK: My Anxiety Handbook: Getting Back on Track
***For more information about my speaking and training work,take a look at my speaker pack below, check out my speaking page or email my lovely agent Ellie.***