These slides were developed for a face to face session with parents in April 2023.
Here’s the session overview:
This session walks parents and carers through young people’s top tips for supporting them through revision and exams. It’s down to earth, very practical and instantly actionable. There are different versions for different ages so this session can be adapted for the parents/carers of students facing SATS, GCSEs, A Levels or your equivalent
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- BOOK: Yes You Can: Ace Your Exams Without Losing Your Mind
- WEBSITE: Young minds guide to exam stress
- VIDEO: 5 Simple Strategies for Managing Anxiety
- DOWNLOAD: Coping statements to combat negative thoughts
- BOOK: My Anxiety Handbook: Getting Back on Track