These slides were developed for The Education Alliance in Hull in March 2023.
The session, aimed to inspire pastoral staff from across the alliance to work together on their approach to inclusion and mental health. The session takes the framework developed in ‘The Mentally Healthy Schools Workbook’ and explores practical applications and quick wins as seen through the lens of support staff keen to make a difference in the context of 2023.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD: Domains of safety worksheet
- DOWNLOAD: Feeling safe, calm and happy worksheet
- DOWNLOAD: All about me sheet to enable child-centred meetings
- GUIDE: Getting to Why – Ideas for Asking and Listening
- VIDEO: How we talk about children really matters… here’s why
- BOOK: The Mentally Healthy Schools Workbook
- VIDEO: ANXIETY HACK | Share it, Shelf it, Shout it, Shed it
- BITESIZE CPD: Autistic Friendly Classrooms (slides & video walkthrough)
- BITESIZE CPD: EBSA/School Anxiety – Starting the Day Right
- VIDEO: Five Steps to Being a Better Listener
- PODCAST | Enabling Children to Feel Seen and Heard