These slides and resources are from an online session for Creative Education in January 2023 entitled ’10 Ideas to Make School Feel Safe for Children Struggling to Attend’. The session shared practical ideas to promote attendance and engagement of children struggling with school anxiety / emotionally based school avoidance (EBSA).
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD | School Anxiety Journal Prompts
- GUIDE | Back to School Anxiety – How To Help
- BITESIZE CPD | EBSA/School Anxiety – Starting the Day Right
- BITESIZE CPD | How To Be A Safe Adult
- PODCAST | What to say and how to say it to calm an anxious child
- PODCAST | School Anxiety | Starting The School Day Right
- PODCAST | School Anxiety | 5 Ideas to Help Your Child
- VIDEO | Using Your Child’s Motivations to Drive Change
***For more information about my speaking and training work,take a look at my speaker pack below, check out my speaking page or email my lovely agent Ellie.***