These slides were developed for a webinar for the NEU in November 2023.
Here’s the session overview:
Unlock the Potential of Autistic Students
Join Pooky in this captivating webinar as she unveils the key to unlocking the potential and promise of your autistic students. Discover practical and budget-friendly approaches that will be a game-changer for your autistic learners and positively impact your entire educational community. By the end of the session, you’ll be energised and equipped to create an inclusive environment and make a meaningful difference in the lives of your students.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- VIDEO | Window of Tolerance Explained
- DOWNLOAD | Mood Changing Playlists Prompts
- DOWNLOAD | ADHD/ASC Student Class Task Planner
- PODCAST | How to Make Tasks feel More Manageable for Autistic/ADHD Children
- PODCAST | What is Co-Regulation and How Do I Get it Right?
- 6 In 60 | Emotional Regulation at School for Autistic Students
- 6 In 60 | Neurodiverse Friendly Communication
- PODCAST | Using Transition Activities to Move Between Activities, Places or People
- GUIDE | Six Simple Breathing Strategies
- VIDEO | Quiet Praise Ideas – for kids who struggle with praise
- DOWNLOAD | Emoji Mood Tracker
- DOWNLOAD | Tricky Moments Plan
- BOOK | Taking Off the Mask: Practical Exercises to Help Understand and Minimise the Effects of Autistic Camouflaging