This was an NHS England funded session run online in September 2023.
The aim was to use my Mentally Healthy Schools Framework to help us explore and action plan short, medium and longer-term steps we can take towards being mentally healthy schools whilst sharing good practice between schools along the way.
And here’s the action planning template we worked through:
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD: Domains of safety worksheet
- DOWNLOAD: Feeling safe, calm and happy worksheet
- DOWNLOAD: All about me sheet to enable child-centred meetings
- GUIDE: Getting to Why – Ideas for Asking and Listening
- VIDEO: How we talk about children really matters… here’s why
- BOOK: The Mentally Healthy Schools Workbook
- VIDEO: ANXIETY HACK | Share it, Shelf it, Shout it, Shed it
- BITESIZE CPD: Autistic Friendly Classrooms (slides & video walkthrough)
- BITESIZE CPD: EBSA/School Anxiety – Starting the Day Right
- VIDEO: Five Steps to Being a Better Listener
- PODCAST | Enabling Children to Feel Seen and Heard