These slides were from a training session for Amaze Sussex in January 2023.
The session explores anxiety in autistic/ADHD children and how parents/carers can support.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- BOOK | Cards Against Anxiety
- BOOK | My Anxiety Handbook: Getting Back on Track
- PODCAST | Social Anxiety – 10 Tips for Meeting New People
- VIDEO | Anxiety – YOU need to be calm when a child is anxious – why + how
- VIDEO | Anxiety – avoiding avoidance, why & how
- PODCAST | Ideas for Avoiding Autistic Burnout
- DOWNLOAD | Anxiety Exposure Ladder
- VIDEO | 5 Simple Strategies for Managing Anxiety
- VIDEO | Share it, Shelf it, Shout it, Shed it
- DOWNLOAD | Mood Changing Playlists Prompts
- DOWNLOAD | Getting to Why – Ideas for Asking and Listening
- DOWNLOAD | Self-Harm Journal Prompts
- RESOURCE | Chateez emoji cards
- BOOK | Self-Harm: How to Help Your Child: A Practical Guide for Parents
- BOOK | Parenting OCD: Down to Earth Advice From One Parent to Another