These slides were from a keynote presentation with the following outline:
Drawing together guiding principles of inclusion and trauma-informed practice, this session answers the question ‘Who do I need to be?’ for all adults hoping to enable children to thrive in the current context. With themes including listening, belonging, safety and pride you’ll go away with a framework of best practice and a range of ideas to make it happen.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- GUIDE | How to Listen So Children Will Talk
- VIDEO | Top phrases for calming anxious children
- VIDEO | Using Slow-Low-Low to calm things down
- PODCAST | Why do children need to feel they belong and how can adults support?
- 6 in 60 | Belonging In School
- DOWNLOAD | All About Me! Resource to Support Child-Centred Meetings
- 6 In 60 | Listening to Understand
- VIDEO | Why you should walk and talk not stare and scare!