These slides were developed for a webinar for NHS England to support mental health support teams.
The session builds on a previous session which looked at the whole school approach to mental health, and dives more deeply into how we can specifically support staff wellbeing. The session is designed to be able to be delivered as a series of up to six shorter sessions within the MHST’s schools if desired.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- GUIDE: Self-Care Ideas for Busy Parents and Carers
- BOOK: Things I Got Wrong So You Don’t Have To
- BOOK: The Mentally Healthy Schools Workbook
- VIDEO: Establishing good sleep hygiene
- VIDEO PLAYLIST: Staff wellbeing videos on Pooky’s channel
- BOOK: The Wellbeing Toolkit: Sustaining, supporting and enabling school staff
- eLEARNING: Self-Care for Those Who Care
- PODCAST: How can we use psychology’s secrets to boost our wellbeing?
- PODCAST: How Can We Get Physically Active When Motivation Is Low?
- PODCAST: What’s a To Don’t List and Why Do You Need One?
- 6 in 60: 6 Tips for Better Sleep
For more information about my speaking and training work, visit: https://www.pookyknightsmith.com/speaking/