These slides were developed for an online session for a multi-academy trust in Sussex.
Here’s the session overview:
Understanding and Responding to EBSA
Why do some children struggle to come to school and what can we do about it?” is the question that sits at the heart of this keynote. You’ll learn how to get to the heart of the issue and how to develop sustainable child-centred action plans to enable school attendance, engagement and enjoyment. Pooky’s simple framework can easily be used to develop a whole school approach or tailored to support individuals and will leave you inspired and empowered to support children who had, until now, felt unreachable.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- BITESIZE CPD | How To Be A Safe Adult
- DOWNLOAD | All About Me! Resource to Support Child-Centred Meetings (start with strengths)
- DOWNLOAD | School pros and cons prompt
- DOWNLOAD | Domains of safety worksheet
- DOWNLOAD | Feeling safe, calm and happy worksheet
- DOWNLOAD | School access plan & supporting notes
- BOOK | Square Pegs: Inclusivity, compassion and fitting in – a guide for schools
- BOOK | Can’t Not Won’t: A Story About A Child Who Couldn’t Go To School
- DOWNLOAD | School Anxiety Journal Prompts (inc how school feels prompts)
- BITESIZE CPD | EBSA/School Anxiety – Starting the Day Right