These slides are from a keynote presentation I gave online for West Sussex Mind in November 2022.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- BOOK: Self-Harm and Eating Disorders in Schools
- BOOK: Self-Harm: How to Help Your Child (£2.99 eBook by Pooky)
- BOOK: Can I Tell You About Self-Harm?: A Guide for Friends, Family and Professionals
- GUIDE: Self-Harm Safety Plan
- GUIDE: Self-Care Ideas for Busy Parents and Carers
- GUIDE: Six Simple Breathing Strategies (Includes box breathing)
- GUIDE: 80 Ideas for Venting Big Feelings
- VIDEO: The one-minute rule for crisis moments
- VIDEO: ADHD/AUTISM | Fidgets for the Classroom with Lyra
- VIDEO: 12 ways to get through the next minute when you feel the urge to self-harm
- WEBSITE: Harmless – self-harm support and resources
- WEBSITE: Young Minds – support and information for parents