These slides were from a webinar I gave for Creative Education as part of their Trauma Deep Dive.
I’ve taken the principles of trauma-informed practice and applied them through the lens of the why and how for school leaders every day.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful, or you can watch the session back here. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
I’ve had great feedback on the impact of this session. You are very welcome to pick it up and run with it in your own setting. Alternatively, if you’d like me to come and run a session like this for your setting or trust, please get in touch with Ellie who will help us to hatch a plan.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- GUIDE: How to Listen So Children Will Talk
- GUIDE: How to hear their voices – ideas for enabling student voice esp in less heard groups
- BOOK: Parklands – a school built on love
- BOOK: When the Adults Change, Everything Changes
- BOOK: The Kindness Principle: Making relational behaviour management work in schools
- eLEARNING: Webinar playback of these slides
- eLEARNING: Understanding and responding to trauma webinar series from Creative Education
- PODCAST: How can schools take a trauma-informed approach post-pandemic?
- PODCAST: How is a trauma-informed relational approach supporting schools?
- VIDEO: Using child rather than adult motivations to drive change
- VIDEO: Children need to FEEL safe not just BE safe
- VIDEO: Trauma-Informed Practice – practical ideas from Tony France
***For more information about my speaking and training work,take a look at my speaker pack below, check out my speaking page or email my lovely agent Ellie.***