These slides were developed for an online session for the South Central Teaching School in November 2023.
Here’s the session overview:
Leading Well, Staying Well
Together we’ll explore a range of practical ideas to enable you to be an empowering and authentic leader during uncertain times. We’ll consider why and how leaders who care must care for themselves first. You’ll have a chance to reflect and share, as well as take your pick from a range of simple but highly impactful ideas that can be put into practice right away.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- PODCAST: How Can We Get Physically Active When Motivation Is Low?
- VIDEO: Finding Flow to Help with Anxiety or Overwhelm?
- PODCAST: Building Belonging Using Connecting Questions
- VIDEO: Prevent Task Overwhelm with a To Don’t List
- PODCAST: Negative Self-Talk – Why and How to Make it STOP!
- PODCAST: Why and How to Offload Your Worries
- VIDEO: How to Get Better Sleep
- ARTICLE: How To Create A Whole-School Culture Of Mental Health
- VIDEO: How and Why to Gift Your Mistakes
- SHORT: Climbing & Falling Role Modelling Video
- BOOK: Things I Got Wrong So You Don’t Have To
- BOOK: The Power of Fun