These slides were developed for Wolverhampton City Council in March 2023
Here’s the session overview:
Enabling Change Without a Magic Wand
Together we’ll explore how we can make big ripples with our skills and expertise by adapting our practice to empower colleagues to make a big difference to the children and families in their care. We’ll consider how subtle changes to our use of language, role modelling and the implementation of a strengths-first approach can sit at the heart of a high-challenge, high-support approach. Not only will this increase the reach and impact of our work, it will also strengthen our relationships with colleagues across the city.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- VIDEO | Why you should walk and talk not stare and scare
- VIDEO | How we talk about children matters.. here’s why
- DOWNLOAD | All About Me! Resource to Support Child-Centred Meetings
- DOWNLOAD | Anxiety Exposure Ladder
- VIDEO | Creating an ‘I Can’ Cycle to support anxious children
- BOOK | The Power of Fun
- VIDEO | What is #3GoodThings and why is it worth a go?
***For more information about my speaking and training work,take a look at my speaker pack below, check out my speaking page or email my lovely agent Ellie.***