These slides were from a training session in Novemeber 2022. The focus was creating a positive environment for autsitic learners via stepping into their shoes.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- BOOK: The Neurodiverse Classroom: A Teacher’s Guide to Individual Learning Needs and How to Meet Them
- BOOK: Championing Your Autistic Teen at Secondary School: Getting the Best from Mainstream Settings (aimed at families but great for schools too)
- BITESIZE CPD: Sensory Strategies for Dysregulated Children <slides and walkthrough
- PODCAST: Why do children need to feel they belong and how can adults support?
- VIDEO: AUTISM | meltdown & shutdown – what does it mean and how do I help?
- DOWNLOAD: All about me sheet for child-centred meetings