These slides were from a keynote presentation I gave for Yorkshire and Humber Mental Health Support Teams in November 2022.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
There is a session within the session. All the info to teach the Bitesize CPD session is here.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- BITESIZE CPD: How to be a safe adult
- GUIDE: How to hear their voices – ideas for enabling student voice esp in less heard groups
- BOOK: Building a Trauma-Informed Restorative School
- eLEARNING: Understanding and responding to trauma webinar series from Creative Education
- PODCAST: How is a trauma-informed relational approach supporting schools?
- VIDEO: Children need to FEEL safe, not just BE safe
- BOOK: When the Adults Change, Everything Changes
- BOOK: The Kindness Principle: Making relational behaviour management work in schools
- VIDEO: Trauma-Informed Practice – practical ideas from Tony France