These slides were from an online training session I gave aimed at Mental Health Support Teams and school staff in the North of England in February 2023. The session explores practical strategies for recognising and supporting neurodiversity to enable children to thrive in school.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD | ADHD/ASC Student Class Task Planner
- DOWNLOAD | Comfort Audit To Prevent Sensory Overwhelm
- DOWNLOAD | Mood Changing Playlists Prompts
- DOWNLOAD | School Anxiety Journal Prompts
- VIDEO | Ideas for Avoiding Autistic Burnout
- VIDEO | Meltdown & shutdown – what does it mean and how do I help?
- 6 In 60 | Neurodiverse Friendly Communication
- 6 In 60 | Emotional Regulation at School for Autistic Students
- 6 In 60 | Self-Soothe Ideas
- BOOK: The Neurodiverse Classroom
- PODCAST | Ideas for Reducing Autistic Overwhelm
- PODCAST | ADHD – Ideas for Activating and Stimulating
- BITESIZE CPD | Autistic Friendly Classrooms
- BITESIZE CPD | Sensory strategies for dysregulated children