These slides were developed for an online session for delivered in February 2023. Here’s the session overview:
Self-Care Skills for Exhausted Educators
You’ve done so much for your students and their families these past couple of years; so this session is all about you. We’ll be exploring some skills and habits you can develop to promote your own wellbeing as we enter the next stage of the pandemic, whilst remaining realistic about the amount of time and resource we can each dedicate to looking after ourselves.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- PODCAST | How to Get Better Sleep
- GUIDE: Self-Care Ideas for Busy Parents and Carers
- VIDEO: Sport to promote mental health – ten tips for making it work
- VIDEO: How to give yourself permission for self-care
- VIDEO: No is a complete sentence
- BOOK: Things I got wrong so you don’t have to
- BOOK: The Power of Fun: Why fun is the key to a happy and healthy life
- BOOK: Rewild Yourself: 23 Spellbinding Ways to Make Nature More Visible
- BOOK: Reflective Supervision in Education: Using Supervision to Support Pupil and Staff Wellbeing
***For more information about my speaking and training work,take a look at my speaker pack below, check out my speaking page or email my lovely agent Ellie.***