These slides were developed for a webinar for the South Central Teaching Hub in November 2023.
Here’s the session overview:
We’ll explore how we can adapt and adopt the five principles of trauma-informed care and apply them in the everyday leadership of our students, our staff and our wider communities. Inspired by the evidence base but taken way beyond the theory, you’ll leave inspired to act and armed with a range of practical ideas to complement and enhance your current leadership style.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- GUIDE: How to Listen So Children Will Talk
- GUIDE: How to hear their voices – ideas for enabling student voice esp in less heard groups
- BOOK: Parklands – a school built on love
- BOOK: When the Adults Change, Everything Changes
- BOOK: The Kindness Principle: Making relational behaviour management work in schools
- eLEARNING: Understanding and responding to trauma webinar series from Creative Education
- PODCAST: How can schools take a trauma-informed approach post-pandemic?
- PODCAST: How is a trauma-informed relational approach supporting schools?
- VIDEO: Using child rather than adult motivations to drive change
- VIDEO: Children need to FEEL safe not just BE safe
- VIDEO: Trauma-Informed Practice – practical ideas from Tony France