These slides were from a keynote presentation with the following outline:
Drawing together guiding principles of inclusion and trauma-informed practice, this session answers the question ‘Who do I need to be?’ for all adults hoping to enable children to thrive in the current context. With themes including listening, belonging, safety and pride you’ll go away with a framework of best practice and a range of ideas to make it happen.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- GUIDE | How to Listen So Children Will Talk
- VIDEO | Top phrases for calming anxious children
- VIDEO | Using Slow-Low-Low to calm things down
- PODCAST | Why do children need to feel they belong and how can adults support?
- 6 in 60 | Belonging In School
- DOWNLOAD | All About Me! Resource to Support Child-Centred Meetings
- 6 In 60 | Listening to Understand
- VIDEO | Why you should walk and talk not stare and scare!