These slides were developed for South Central Teaching School in May 2023.
The aim was to use the structure of my Mentally Healthy Schools Workbook to help us explore and action plan short, medium and longer term steps we can take towards being mentally healthy schools whilst sharing good practice between schools along the way.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
And here’s the action planning template we worked through:
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD: Domains of safety worksheet
- DOWNLOAD: Feeling safe, calm and happy worksheet
- DOWNLOAD: All about me sheet to enable child-centred meetings
- GUIDE: Getting to Why – Ideas for Asking and Listening
- VIDEO: How we talk about children really matters… here’s why
- BOOK: The Mentally Healthy Schools Workbook
- VIDEO: ANXIETY HACK | Share it, Shelf it, Shout it, Shed it
- BITESIZE CPD: Autistic Friendly Classrooms (slides & video walkthrough)
- BITESIZE CPD: EBSA/School Anxiety – Starting the Day Right
- VIDEO: Five Steps to Being a Better Listener
- PODCAST | Enabling Children to Feel Seen and Heard
***For more information about my speaking and training work,take a look at my speaker pack below, check out my speaking page or email my lovely agent Ellie.***