This session was delivered at Portsmouth Virtual School Conference in July 2023.
Here’s the session overview:
Promoting Resilience Using Pooky’s 4Ps Framework
During this session, Pooky will summarise a simple, evidence-based approach to promoting resilience, developed by exploring what enables some children to thrive in the face of adversity. Exploring each of the 4Ps in turn, you’ll learn why Parents, Peers, Problem-solving and Passion matter and how we can use the 4Ps as a framework for promoting resilience in children that both builds on existing strengths and develops areas of challenge.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD | All About Me! Resource to Support Child-Centred Meetings
- VIDEO | How to be an Adult Who Makes Children Feel Safe
- PODCAST | Why do children need to feel they belong and how can adults support?
- PODCAST | How to Promote Belonging in School
- DOWNLOAD | 4Ps Resilience Framework Worksheet
- VIDEO | How we talk about children matters.. here’s why