These slides were from a webinar I gave for Headstart Kernow in November 2022. The aim of the session was to share a range of practical ideas for supporting children and young people who’d experienced loss or bereavement. The ideas are designed to be accessible to any adult who cares, no experience is necessary, just a kind heart and a little time.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD: Grief and Loss Journal Prompts
- GUIDE: How to Support Your Child When Someone Dies
- RESOURCE: Karuna Cards: Creative Ideas to Transform Grief and Difficult Life Transitions
- PODCAST: What can adults do to make the pain a child feels after losing a parent a little more bearable? | Ian & Phoebe Gilbert
- VIDEO: Share it, Shelf it, Shout it, Shed it
- WEBSITE: Child Bereavement UK
- WEBSITE: Winston’s Wish
- VIDEO: BEREAVEMENT | Advice and ideas from the Northampton bereavement support team
- VIDEO: BEREAVEMENT | 3 activities for supporting children
- DOWNLOAD: Tricky Moments Plan
- BOOK: With the End in Mind: How to Live and Die Well