The latest episode of my podcast is now available:
In this episode, I explore three Rs for starting the school day right for children who are struggling to attend due to EBSA (emotionally based school avoidance)/ school anxiety/ school phobia.
The three Rs are reception, routine and regulate.
This episode looks at what happens when a child arrives at school and there are lots of ideas for adults supporting the child both at school and at home; outcomes are best for children when all of their supporting adults work together as a team.
I hope it’s helpful! If you like these ideas and want to share them with your team, take a look at the bitesize CPD session in the links which is a slide set sharing these 3Rs.
If today’s episode piqued your interest, you might be interested in the following:
- BITESIZE CPD: EBSA/School Anxiety – Starting the Day Right
- GUIDE: Supporting Children Who Struggle to Go to School
- GUIDE: Back to School Anxiety – How To Help
- GUIDE: Getting to Why – Ideas for Asking and Listening
- VIDEO: Emotionally Based School Avoidance – be kind to parents…
- VIDEO: Managing Worries using Share it, Shelf it, Shout it, Shed it
- VIDEO: Using Your Child’s Motivations to Drive Change
Visit my podcast’s homepage to search all past episodes or find links to listen via a wide range of platforms.
If you enjoy my podcasts, please consider sharing your favourite episodes with your network and leaving a review to improve discoverability (this really makes a difference). Thank you!