These slides were developed for a parent session in Cambridge in May 2023.
Here’s the session overview:
Living Brilliantly with Autism or ADHD: a Guide for Curious Parents/Carers
Join us to explore autism and ADHD through a lens of curiosity and positivity. We’ll learn more about each condition, signs to look out for and why so many young people slip through the net. Practical steps that we can take to support will be explored as well as a dive into the strategies that children can use to help themselves. We’ll also touch on the support available at school and how to access it.
In addition to the taught session, there will be a chance for your questions. We hope you’ll go away with a better understanding of ADHD and autism and why neither need be a barrier to a brilliant life for you or your child.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD | Feelings flip playlist
- VIDEO | Feather breathing
- DOWNLOAD | Emoji mood tracker
- DOWNLOAD | Tricky moments plan
- DOWNLOAD | Task planner
- DOWNLOAD | All about me worksheet (start with strengths)
- 6 In 60 | Self-Soothe Ideas
- 6 In 60 | Neurodiverse Friendly Communication
- PODCAST | ADHD – Ideas for Activating and Stimulating
- PODCAST | Ideas for Reducing Autistic Overwhelm
- WEBSITE | Siena Castellon’s website
- COACHING | Jodie Smitten
- Therapeutic Support | Whole Child Therapy
- Support inc resources for parents | ReachOut ASC
- Support Group | Roller Coaster Parent Support Group on Facebook