These slides were developed for a face to face event with Essex County Council in July 2023.
Here’s the session overview:
Happy, Healthy, Hopeful: Meeting Needs in 2023
During this fast-paced session, Pooky will walk you through a simple framework for exploring how mentally healthy and inclusive your setting is as well as a myriad of next-day-practical strategies you can take to step things up. The health and happiness of staff will form the starting point and springboard for the session which will go on to explore how we can meet the needs of every student (and staff member) in 2023 and beyond. As well as a chance to celebrate and share what’s working well, you’ll get the opportunity to consider ‘What next?’ for areas of challenge.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- DOWNLOAD: Action planning template
- BOOK: The Mentally Healthy Schools Workbook
- DOWNLOAD: Domains of safety worksheet
- DOWNLOAD: Feeling safe, calm and happy worksheet
- DOWNLOAD: All about me sheet to enable child-centred meetings
- GUIDE: Getting to Why – Ideas for Asking and Listening
- VIDEO: How we talk about children really matters… here’s why
- VIDEO: ANXIETY HACK | Share it, Shelf it, Shout it, Shed it
- BITESIZE CPD: Autistic Friendly Classrooms (slides & video walkthrough)
- BITESIZE CPD: EBSA/School Anxiety – Starting the Day Right
- VIDEO: Five Steps to Being a Better Listener
- PODCAST | Enabling Children to Feel Seen and Heard