These slides were from a keynote presentation I gave at the Portsmouth Inclusion Conference in October 2022
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on SlideShare.
Further resources linked to today’s keynote
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- GUIDE: How to Listen So Children Will Talk
- BOOK: Behaving Together in the Classroom: A Teacher’s Guide to Nurturing Behaviour
- BOOK: When the Adults Change, Everything Changes – Book – I’d especially recommend the Audible version read by Paul Dix
- eLEARNING: Enable Children to Feel Safe so They Can Flourish
- PODCAST: Why Do Children Need to Feel they Belong and How Can Adults Support?
- PODCAST: How Can We Ensure Children are Happy, Safe and Engaged?
- PODCAST: How Can We Build Effective Learning Relationships with Every Student?
- VIDEO: ANXIETY/ANGER – Using Slow-Low-Low to calm things down
- VIDEO: Top Phrases for Calming Anxious Children
- RESOURCE: See the Child Sheet – for child-centred meetings (+see below)
- GUIDE: Anger Rules – What They Are and How to Use Them
- VIDEO: Five Steps to Being a Better Listener
Further resources linked to today’s theme
- BITESIZE CPD: EBSA/School anxiety – starting the day right
- SLIDES: Trauma-Informed School Leadership
- BITESIZE CPD: Autistic Friendly Classrooms
- PODCAST: School anxiety – 5 ideas to help your child
- VIDEO: Using a child’s motivations to drive behaviour change