These slides and resources relate to session 1 of 3 on emotionally based school avoidance commissioned by the South Central Teaching School Hub. The three sessions are:
In this first session, about the prevention of EBSA, we explore how we can create schools where children feel safe and happy.
If you were there, I hope these are a helpful aide-memoire. If not, I hope they make enough sense without me to be useful. If you’d like to download them, you can do so via this page on slideshare.
Here are some further resources you might find helpful to build on the session:
- GUIDE | Supporting Children Who Struggle to Go to School
- 6 In 60 | Emotional Regulation At School For Autistic Students
- BOOK | When the Adults Change, Everything Changes
- BITESIZE CPD | Autistic Friendly Classrooms
- PODCAST | How to be an Adult Who Makes Children Feel Safe
- PODCAST | Why do children need to feel they belong and how can adults support? | Sarah Dove
- BITESIZE CPD | How To Be A Safe Adult
- DOWNLOAD | Comfort Audit To Prevent Sensory Overwhelm
- DOWNLOAD | All About Me! Resource to Support Child-Centred Meetings
- VIDEO | Using Your Child’s Motivations to Drive Change
***For more information about my speaking and training work,take a look at my speaker pack below, check out my speaking page or email my lovely agent Ellie.***